Ohio Supports Technology Entrepreneurs
The Ohio Third Frontier Commission approved $83.2 million in grants to help entrepreneurs develop innovative products and to grow technology startup companies.
The Ohio Third Frontier Entrepreneurial Services Provider Program (ESP) supports six regional partners around the state and their networks, which provide a variety of resources to help entrepreneurs get their ideas to the marketplace. The following resources are available to help Ohio’s startup and early-stage technology companies:
• Mentorship by seasoned entrepreneurs and industry professionals.
• Access to investors and capital.
• Business support, including legal, tax, and accounting services.
• Assistance developing intellectual property and marketing/sales strategies.
• Recruiting talent.
• Incubators providing state-of-the-art workspaces.
• Accelerators guiding entrepreneur teams through business “boot camp.”
Technology Validation and Start-up Fund
The Ohio Third Frontier Technology Validation and Start-up Fund provides grants to Ohio companies aiming to license institution-owned technologies to accelerate commercialization through activities such as market research and further prototyping. This helps companies raise funds and get the licensed technology to the marketplace faster.
For more details, visit www.development.ohio.gov.