Zoombezi Bay - VP of Waterpark Operations and Guest Services
- Under the direction of the Columbus Zoo & Aquariums EVP operates all facets of Zoombezi Bay Water Park, the Zoo’s Dry Park and Safety/Security.
- Under the direction of the SVP pursuant to a service agreement establishes and implements operating programs the Zoo’s front gate, parking lot, rides.
- Under the direction of the SVP pursuant to a service agreement work the Zoo’s Finance Department, Marketing Department and Human Resources Department in order to achieve the business requirements for Zoombezi Bay LLC.
- Direct and manage all aspects of Zoombezi Bay associates assigned to Zoo properties such as Water Park, Dry Park and various locations throughout the Zoo itself.
- Oversee the development and establishment of Zoombezi Bay operating polices procedures and practices including but not limited to safety policies and practices.
- Work with the SVP to establish profit goals for waterpark; execute goals; manage staff to goals; and ensure maximum profitability of all entities assigned.
- Develop and recommend long-term budgets, projections, capital improvements, and annual operating season schedules.
- Prepare, monitor and adhere to annual budgets for areas of responsibility as well as prepare reports with accompanying documentation as requested.
- Represent the waterpark before external entities including but not limited to private entities, government regulatory entities, and media outlets.
- Assure safety of self, associates and guests through proper training and adherence to standard operating procedures.
- Perform other duties as assigned including but not limited to training and development of associates.
- Responsible for evaluating personnel needs, contributing to hiring decisions, and for supervising, evaluating, and motivating employees with a special emphasis on full-time staff.
- Acts as Director On Duty as assigned by the SVP
- Constantly strives to further the mission of the organization and avidly supports the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Zoombezi Bay, Safari Golf Club and The Wilds.
- Implements sustainable practices in daily tasks whenever possible.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Skills and Requirements:
- B.S. Degree in business management or related field required.
- 7 years proven experience in theme park or waterpark management required.
- Detailed Knowledge of Ellis and Associates or Red Cross water safety policies and procedures
- Certified Pool Operator (CPO) preferred
- Ability to travel both instate and out-of-state for business related purposes.
- Ability to communicate well both verbally and in writing required.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule including evenings, weekends and holidays required.
- Ability to plan and organize work in an efficient and cost-effective manner and without direct supervision required.
- Ability to provide excellent guest service by positively interacting with guests and upholding the Make it Great standards required.
- Ability to develop and maintain cooperative working relationships with all Zoo team members and contacts regarding company business required.
- Ability to adhere to standard operating procedures including but not limited to safety protocols required.
- Possession of a valid Ohio motor vehicle operator’s license and a good driving record required.
- Ability to adhere to the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium’s drug-free workplace policy including but not limited to pre-employment, random, post-accident, reasonable suspicion and follow-up treatment required.
- Ability to successfully complete a criminal history background check annually required.